Traveling with Makeup
When you’re traveling but a beat is necessary!
Anytime I am asked about traveling with makeup, my response is always to stick to the essentials! For most of us, when on vacation we tend to switch up our routine a bit so you probably won’t do your whole routine that you do at home while snap chatting and listening to Drake (I know I’m not the only one ). Only bring the things you absolutely need! When I started traveling with my makeup I always thought I’d forget something so I’d basically pack EVERYTHING and I’m here to tell you that it’s just not necessary, you don’t want to take up space with things you will not be using and you definitely don’t want to risk anything getting lost or broken during transport. On my most recent trip I was determined to approach this simply and efficiently so I ended up taking a medium-sized makeup bag that fits comfortably in a purse and a zip-lock bag. That’s it!
What I brought:
- Lancôme Teint Idole foundation(for night)/Mary Kay CC cream (for day)
- MAC pro long wear concealer and NARS concealer
- one neutral palette (Urban Decay Naked 1)
- my favorite highlighter (MAC highly Illogical)
- my favorite blush (NYX Rouge Cream Blush – Orange)
- 1 eyeliner ( Marc Jacobs Highliner eye pencil in Black )
- contouring kit (Anastasia Beverly Hills in Medium)
- 1 nude lipstick,1 red lipstick, 1 berry/purple lipstick
- Setting Powder/Setting Spray – (MAC mineralize skin finish and Urban Decay all nighter setting spray)
- eos peppermint lip balm
- beauty blender, stippling brush, blush brush, fan brush, eye shadow blending brush, powder brush, and an angled eyeliner brush, tweezers, makeup wipes
- mink lashes
Things to consider:
Where you are going
Nature of the trip
How long you’ll be there
What you’ll be wearing
Are you checking a bag or carrying on
Of course these are just my essentials and you can make your essential list based on your needs but remember to pack light!
Always reference the airline guidelines for current and up to date information ofor transporting liquids.