Let’s jump right into this Dark and Lovely Au Naturale curl defining glaze Review!
Au Naturale curl defining glaze by Dark and Lovely retails for $9.99
I have heard mixed reviews about this product so I wanted to come to you guys and share my honest opinion on what I thought about this product. Before I dive into the review I’d like to add that my hair type is best described best as 4A. Products work differently on different hair types and textures so it is important to keep that in mind. I have used this product for about 2 months and I purchased it with my own coins!
- Smells like candy – no really it smells like fruity candy
- Adds a lot of curl definition
- Maintains curls and reduced shrinkage giving hair a more elongated look
- A little goes a long way
- Attractive packaging (yes that matters)
- Curls are not crunchy are hard
- Not so great for a wash and go,when using this product on wet hair (not damp but actually we) it separates and beads all over your hair and you may have to wash your hair all over again to get it out. Lesson learned!
- Although it goes on very moisturizing, the next day my hair is a dry mess!
- Claims to control frizz… meh! Perhaps I’m just a frizz ball because it did not do much to help tame my frizz.
- Heavy! My hair is already fine so I spend a good amount of time fluffing and picking to achieve my final look. Due to the heaviness of the product itself it’s hard to achieve volume when using this product.
- Leaves a weird sticky film on your hands after you use it
Overall, I’d give this product 3 beats out of 5, it was okay but I would not buy it again. There are other products in this line and I might still try them. I’m not writing dark and lovely off but this product won’t end up on my Holy Grail list anytime soon. I liked the curl definition that this product provides, but it’s not worth the product build up and next day dryness. I am always on the lookout for new products to try. What are some of your favorite styling products for super definition? Let me know in the comments