7 Beauty uses for Vitamin E oil
Vitamin E is both a nutrient and antioxidant, the oil versatile and has been a staple in skin care for many years. Here are 7 beauty uses you may not have been aware of.
- Helps Fade scars- I first became familiar with vitamin E oil when I had foot surgery a few years ago that left me with really dark scars. It works by softening up the skin around the scarring and over a few weeks it gradually begins to lighten the affected area and after a few months it faded out almost completely. Remember these were surgical scars so for normal scarring it may work faster and the results will be even better!
- Moisturize Nails/Cuticles- Vitamin E oil is known to keep up the health of nails. A few drops can help reduce and prevent breakage of the nails and combat dryness .With regular use even poorly kept nails can be brought back to health, just simply massage a drop into the fingers and cuticles after washing your hands.
- Reduces Dark under eye circles-Application of Vitamin E oil has been long known to reduce the appearance of dark under eye circles. Apply a drop of vitamin E oil under each eye before bedtime and along with drinking enough water and getting your rest, you will see you dark circles begin to fade.
- Apply for lip moisture- Apply on the lips to prevent chaffing and dryness leaving you with soft and smooth lips. I like to apply this while I’m doing my makeup so that my lips are nice and moisturized before I apply my lipstick, especially if it’s a matte lippie.
- Skin moisturizer –You can mix a few drops of vitamin E oil with your moisturizing lotion and apply it on your body when you get out of the shower for extra moisture. It’s best to apply when the skin is still slightly damp because it will absorb better.
- Treats Sun burn- AAAhhh Can you believe there was a time when I was naïve enough to think that black people didn’t get sunburn? Well I went to Puerto Rico and came home with serious sunburn! I was in the drugstore looking for something to put on it when and older lady told me to get an aloe Vera leaf and some vitamin E oil instead. I thank her! The oil soothed my sunburn instantly.
- Use as a low-cost night serum- Use Vitamin E Oil at night as a serum now, after I cleanse my face, and before moisturizing, I use one pump, about the size of a pea for my whole face.
Vitamin E oil comes in oil or capsule form. The purest form of the oil is extremely greasy and the odor is not pleasant, so it’s often mixed with other oils and anti-oxidants so that it can be applied on the skin and hair, do your research because some of those oils can be with pore clogging oils. You can also get vitamin E from food. Green leafy vegetables such as spinach, and kale. Vitamin E is also found in unsalted almonds and fruits like papaya and kiwi.
What are some of your favorite uses for vitamin E oil?